5 Things About Fabric Manufacturers That You Didn’t Know
Few people spare a thought behind the massive industry responsible for the materials from which their clothes, upholstery, linen and bedding are made. But these fabric manufacturers work hard to supply the thousands of tons of materials needed to satisfy the world’s insatiable appetite for beautiful materials.
Let’s take a look at some interesting things that you may not know about these hard working and innovative fabric manufacturers and their industry.
1. The global garment and textile industry, which includes textile, luxury fashion, footwear and clothing, is currently worth an estimated $3000 trillion.
2. The world market for textiles manufactured from organically grown cotton was more than $5 billion in 2010.
3. In 2010, China’s textile sector processed 41.3 million tons of fibre, accounting for 52% to 54% of the world’s total production.
4. China’s textile industry is the largest producer of cotton shirts in the world, creating an output of 60 million garments each year.
5. The UK, Germany and Italy remain Europe’s largest fashion markets in terms of consumption.
Leading Fabric Manufacturers in South Africa
Established in 1990, Weave It’s been one of South Africa’s leading textile and fabric manufacturers for more than 25 years. We bring decades of skill, training and experience to the marketplace, and pride ourselves in offering top quality, service and competitive pricing.
We specialise in manufacturing industrial fabrics for use in applications as diverse as filtration materials, curtaining, outdoor, lining, art materials and upholstery, as well as clothing. Our company is also known for supplying quality polyester material for use in tenting, and also supply 100% cotton canvas for durable-use items including personal protective clothing.
Our team of industry professionals works hard to continually raise the standards of excellence in the industry. Throughout the years, we’ve supplied our products to heavy industries such as mining and manufacturing, and also service more delicate sectors such as the art and fashion industries. To learn more about our company, and for all the information needed to make an informed purchase decision, speak to us today.