The world would be lost without the expertise of textile manufacturers. These manufacturers are responsible for delivering the beautiful materials we use on our work and relaxation clothes and fashions.
If you’ve been wondering about the industry that goes into manufacturing the beautiful garments you love to buy and wear, then read on. Here are seven interesting facts about textile manufacturers you may not have known.
1. The supply and manufacturing side of the UK textile manufacturing sector makes £11.8 billion annually, and creates up to 340, 000 jobs.
2. Textile manufacturers and the textile industry contributes to about a 25% share in the world’s trade of cotton yarn.
3. India is the largest exporter of yarn in the global sector, with a share of 25% in the world cotton yarn export market.
4. The world bridal wear market exceeded $57 in 2015.
5. The United States is the largest importer of garments in the world, with 40% of their apparel products imported from China.
6. China’s textile industry is the largest producers of cotton shirts in the world.
7. The textile industry is one of the top three water wasting industries in China, being the cause behind 2.5 billion tons of wastewater per annum.
Partner with Weave It – Your Preferred Textile Manufacturers
At Weave It, we’ve worked hard to grow into a leading textile manufacturer in South Africa. We supply pure cotton canvas, a sought after organic and durable material used for canvas, shoes, seat covers and bags. We also offer filtration products that are composed of 100% polypropylene. These fabrics are supplied as broken or plain twill weave, and all filtration products come available in heat set state.
These are only a few of the products, services and solutions we have on offer. Tap into our large buying power and pay less for all your textiles. We are proud of our long history of excellent service, and continue to work hard to provide our clients with the excellent quality solutions they need. Speak to us today for all your textile requirements. We look forward to working with you.